Building Maintenance – Online course
Registration opens December 11th, 2017
FOAM 103 (Building Maintenance) is an 8 week intermediate level course that focuses on maintenance principles, practices and techniques for organizations of different size and complexity. FOAM 103 builds on the lessons learned from FOAM 102, however no prerequisite is needed. Participants will set up a maintenance plan as part of this course. This course can be completed in 8 weeks or less, however participants have up to 3 months to complete.
Introduction to FOAM 103 - Maintenance | The Maintenance Core Principles | The Consequences of Deferred Maintenance | The Four Types of Maintenance Strategies | Seasonal Maintenance Schedules | The Parts of a Maintenance Plan | Maintenance Management Skills | Final Project
What you'll learn
By the end of FOAM 103 (Maintenance) course, successful participants will able to:
- Recognize the core principles that serve as the foundation of a good maintenance program
- Identify the different levels of deferred maintenance and their potential impact on your organization
- Describe the four types of maintenance strategies and recognize how these align with different types of assets
- Compile a seasonal maintenance schedule that includes the 8-W’s of why, what, where, when, how, which, who and how much.
- Assemble the different parts of a long-range maintenance plan that is suitable for the scale and complexity of your organization
- Appreciate the critical role of maintenance management in the organization’s journey towards sustainability
3-4 hours per week for 8 weeks.
This is an intermediate level course so some prior knowledge of Operations and Maintenance would be helpful. Completion of FOAM 102 is recommended but not mandatory. As an online course, participants must have basic computer skills and have access to a computer with MS Office 2010 or later and a modern, safe browser. We recommend Chrome, however any updated browser will work. Templates used in this course may require MS Excel, MS Word and .pdf reader. This course is provided in English and requires reading and writing at a grade 8 level.
Start and end dates
January 29, 2018 - April 20, 2018
$139 + GST for members , $209 + GST for non-members
Volume Discount: Register 3 or more people from the same organization for this course and your rate will be reduced to $109 each (+GST). This offer is for BCNPHA members only. To take advantage of this discounted rate, please email email@example.com
For more information email: